Monday, April 03, 2006

Death to Long Grass

Yesterday I used my new trimmer for the first time. I think it's a Troy-Bilt TB20CS, cost me A$189 or something, from Bunnings.

Holy crap! I've previously used an anaemic electric one that I bought for $29 or so, some years ago. This new one is a freakin' monster! It's like an invisible but lethal disk of cyclonic death on the end of a stick. I was worried for the trees I was trimming around.

It feels aggressive too. The engine noise has a real snarl to it, and when I put it on the ground with the engine running, it jiggers around a bit, like a caged animal.

It rained a bit while I was using it, and I started seeing what I thought was smoke coming from the business end. After a second I realised the grass my trimmer was butchering to death had some rainwater on it, and the trimmer end was turning it into mist fine enough to float up into the air.

I can replace the trimmer end with various other attachments too.. can't wait to try this chainsaw one.

I propose Troy-Bilt change the name "line trimmer" to something like "brutal grass anihilator".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home