Friday, December 09, 2005

Indulging in Typography

I'd embarassed to admit that I'm quite excited about the six new Microsoft fonts.

I use Trebuchet a lot because it's clean and friendly; it hard to tell with such a small sample, but the new font Calibri might be able to replace Trebuchet as my favourite.

I have always had a soft spot for Georgia too, especially in bold, but it's a bit too spotchy for my liking, and the loony hanging numerals always bugged me. Perhaps Cambria can do what Georgia doesn't quite achieve.

Ok, I feel better for having indulged. If you follow the link above be sure to scroll down to the 6th comment, about the way the font descriptions are written:

The font descriptions remind me of some wine reviews... "it has an open, friendly design with just a hint of broccoli. The T's are assertive, while the I's are impetuous.."


Funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home